The Horry County Emergency Rental Assistance Program application portal is currently closed.
The Horry County Emergency Rental Assistance program is designed to assist eligible Horry County residents directly or indirectly impacted by and/or during COVID-19 with rental and utility assistance. Various forms of documentation are required by this program to determine eligibility, and if eligible, the amount of financial assistance available per applicant.
If you have questions regarding this application or need assistance, please call the Eastern Carolina Housing Organization ERAP Line at 843-492-2600.
NOTE: Much of the correspondence for this program is via EMAIL, so please check your Spam email folder if you have not received any emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility Criteria for Landlord:
- Must provide a valid W-9 for payment to the Landlord of the rental property.
- Must confirm that any rental arrears submitted for consideration are for Horry County properties only.
- If not the owner of the property, the management company must supply documentation verifying you can accept payment on behalf of the owner.
- Must read and agree to full Terms & Conditions that are outlined prior to submission of the application. Please review thoroughly prior to submitting an application.
Tenants referred to Horry County ERAP by their landlord will be contacted by a Housing Assistance Processor to determine eligibility and willingness to participate.
Eligibility Criteria for Tenant:
- Must be a Horry County resident, with proof of residency, and residing in the property that is in arrears as primary residence and;
- One or more adults in the household must have qualified for unemployment benefits or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due directly or indirectly because of and/or during the coronavirus outbreak and;
- One or more adults in the household must be able to demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability such as a past due rent or utility notice, pay rent or quit notice, court issued eviction notice, fleeing domestic violence, or documented inability to pay prospective rent and;
- Must be able to provide a fully executed rental lease or agreement where the lease is in the Applicant’s name and the Applicant is responsible for monthly rent payments and;
- Household income must fall at or below these brackets:
- Must read and agree to full Terms & Conditions that are outlined prior to submission of the application.
If you are experiencing homelessness please contact the Housing Crisis Line at (843) 213-1798 or go to https://echousing.org/get-help to access other referrals and resources.