When is the deadline to apply for Horry County’s ERAP?
The ERAP Application Portal will be closing on November 30, 2022 at 5:00pm. Applications received prior to the deadline will continue to be processed dependent on funding availability.
What is the Horry County Emergency Rental Assistance Program?
The Horry County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) is designed to assist Horry County residents directly or indirectly impacted by and/or during COVID-19 with rental and utility assistance. Various forms of documentation are required by this program to determine eligibility, and if eligible, to determine the amount of financial assistance available per applicant.
What does this program help with?
ERAP offers eligible applicants up to 12 months of rental and utility arrears, plus three months of forward assistance.
Can landlords refer their tenants with past-due rent?
Provided that the ERAP Application Portal is open, landlords can refer their tenants with past-due rent here: https://erap.echousing.org/landlord/ The ERAP system will automatically send an invitation to apply to the referred tenant.
NOTE: Tenants must apply to receive assistance, as program eligibility is tenant-based.
How do I apply for assistance?
If the ERAP Application Portal is open, tenants can apply online here: https://erap.echousing.org/tenant/ or by calling the ERAP line at (843) 492-2600.
How do I check the status of my application?
Tenants can check the status of an application online using their complete application ID (example: HC-T-XXXXX) here: https://erap.echousing.org//status/
Do I qualify for this program?
Eligibility Criteria for Tenant:
- Must be a Horry County resident, with proof of residency, and residing in the property that is in arrears as primary residence and;
- One or more adults in the household must have qualified for unemployment benefits or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due directly or indirectly to the coronavirus outbreak and;
- One or more adults in the household must be able to demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability such as a past due rent or utility notice, pay rent or quit notice, court-issued eviction notice, fleeing domestic violence, or documented inability to pay prospective rent and;
- Must be able to provide a fully-executed rental lease or agreement where the lease is in the Applicant’s name and the Applicant is responsible for monthly rent payments and;
- Landlord must confirm applicant’s past-due status and be willing to accept payment on applicant’s behalf and;
- Household income must fall at or below these brackets:
- Must read and agree to full Terms & Conditions that are outlined prior to submission of the application.
If I apply and I am eligible, when will I receive assistance?
All applications are served in the order determined by ERAP prioritization. Federal program rules require prioritization of assistance to households with incomes less than 50% of the area median income, and to households with one or more members that have been unemployed for at least 90-days preceding the date of application. Applicants meeting one or both of the federally-mandated criteria defined above, that also have a pending eviction notice are further prioritized.Eligible applicants that do not meet any of the defined prioritization criteria will be served following the prioritized applicants on a first-qualified, first-served basis.
When I applied for ERAP I did not have an eviction notice, but I just received an eviction notice. What do I do?
If you receive an eviction notice after applying for ERAP, please email a copy of it with your application ID to: [email protected]. We will reprioritize your application accordingly.
I don’t live in Horry County, how do I get emergency rental assistance?
Non-Horry County residents can search for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program that serves your local area here: https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/coronavirus/assistance-for-state-local-and-tribal-governments/emergency-rental-assistance-program/program-index
I am having trouble paying my mortgage, do I qualify?
No, this program is not available to homeowners.
If I've already received ERAP assistance but I still need help, am I eligible to receive more assistance?
Due to limited funding, we are unable to accept new requests for additional assistance. Additionally, please be advised that we may not be able to provide assistance to everyone who previously requested or applied for additional assistance.