The Horry County Emergency Rental Assistance Program application portal is now open.
The Horry County Emergency Rental Assistance program is designed to assist Horry County residents directly impacted by COVID-19 with rental and utility assistance. Various forms of documentation are required by this program to determine eligibility, and if eligible, to determine the amount of financial assistance available per applicant. If you have questions regarding this application or need assistance, please call the Eastern Carolina Housing Organization ERAP line at 843-492-2600.
NOTE: Much of the correspondence for this program is via EMAIL, so please check your Spam email folder if you have not received any emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have an email address you may set up a free account by visiting Outlook.com, Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, or your Internet Service Provider. This email address will only be used for purposes of Horry County Emergency Rental Assistance Program communication and will not be added to any marketing lists or other systems.
Eligibility Criteria for Tenant:
- Must be a Horry County resident, with proof of residency, and residing in the property that is in arrears as primary residence and;
- One or more adults in the household must have qualified for unemployment benefits or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due directly to the coronavirus outbreak that can be documented and;
- One or more adults in the household must be able to demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability such as a past due rent or utility notice, pay rent or quit notice, court issued eviction notice, fleeing domestic violence, or documented inability to pay prospective rent and;
- Must be able to provide a fully executed rental lease or agreement where the lease is in the Applicant’s name and the Applicant is responsible for monthly rent payments and;
- Household income must fall at or below these brackets:
- Must read and agree to full Terms & Conditions that are outlined prior to submission of the application.
- This application may be completed without uploading complete documentation at this time.
- Uploading any immediately available documentation will expedite processing.
- Uploaded documentation should include scans or clear photographs. Please include all complete pages of any documentation upload.
- All documentation must be collected before any financial assistance can be provided.
- If you are unsure of the ability to get any of the required documentation you are still encouraged to apply and our Housing Assistance Processors will work with you to get acceptable documentation.
- Applicant’s government-issued photo identification
- Proof of lease agreement (written or oral)
- Eviction notice, past due rent notice, or past due utility bill
- Copies of award letters or checks for any housing assistance previously received
If you are experiencing homelessness please contact the Housing Crisis Line at (843) 213-1798 or go to https://echousing.org/get-help to access other referrals and resources.